The History of Kalluvayal Parish
Neervaram was an isolated place surrounded by three river and one side by dense forest. Neervaram along with the Ammani, Mukramoola, Chandanakolli, Manikode, Kalluvayal, Mayilukunnu , Dasanakkara, Pakkam comes under the range of Kalluvayal Parish. Before the migration the natives were Adivasis and the migrated Gowdas,Chettis from Karnataka under the Jaina, Vaishnava and Shaiva castes.
From 1956 onwards the people from different regions of Travancore were started migrating to Kalluvayal.Un availability of land for the cultivation and the difficulties in the were the reasons for migration. The life was very difficult then there were no facilities for travelling, medicene and education. The Christians of Kalluvayal depended Cherukattur church on the other side of the river for religious purposes. At that time the Christians of Kalluvayal are the parishioners of Cherukattur.
In 1951 the Cherukattur church was built and started religious ceremonies. Till that time the Christians of Cherukattur travelled 7 miles to Mananthavadi Latin Church for the Holy Mass. People approached Mananthavadi Latin Church Vicar for a help in that situation. And finally the Church was built by the help of Parish priest and the co-operation of Parishioners. Later there increase in the number of migrants. It was very difficult to reach Cherukattur church because there was no bridge across Panamaram river. The Silver cross of the church was lost in the river on the way to the funeral function of the ward of Mr. Kalathil Thomas, the native of Neervaram. These circumstances lead to the need of a Church in Kalluvayal and that was discussed and the place for church was decided. Some of the below mentioned forer migrants directly approached Fr. Francis Valayil, the Hon�ble parish priest for the imperative of a Church.